ONLINE SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN
On June 1, 2020, the County of Santa Clara released new county Shelter in Place Executive Orders. Effective June 5, we are now able to serve all children, regardless of employment and business status. We also want to make you aware that the orders require parents not to move their children from one program to another more frequently than one program every three weeks. This means that while you are not required to sign up for 3 weeks of YMCA camp under this order, you will be required to tend to the waiting period if you are planning camp experiences with different providers. Here is the wording from the order that will go in effect on June 5, 2020.
Children may not move from one program to another more frequently than once every three weeks, or take part in more than one program simultaneously.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions you might have.
- We will be asking parents to fill out a health check form each day confirming their child does not exhibit symptoms of illness before allowing children into program
- We will be asking staff to fill out a health check form each day confirming they do not exhibit symptoms of illness before coming to work.
- We will take temperatures of all children, staff each day.
- We will be increasing our hand washing schedule to include 20 second handwashing for all participants and staff before program, between each activity, before lunch and snacks , after lunch and snacks, and before program ends, at minimum.
- Face coverings will be asked of all staff and participants while program hours are running.
- We will provide signs related to healthy habits throughout program
- We will be sending home guidance from the CDC regarding safe health procedures to our families during program.
- Social distancing will be practiced at all times
- In rooms (set up space for social distancing)
- Outdoor (State and local regulations state that camps should operate outdoors as much as possible)
- Transitions (walking to the bathroom or an new activity space)
- During games
- Groups will be limited to 10-12 campers, depending on age
- Groups will not interact with each other throughout the day
- We will not be holding any full camp activities
- Staff will be assigned to specific group and will not interact with other groups to the best of our ability.
- A medical isolation space will be established for any child or staff that is feeling ill and in process to be picked up.
- Parents will be required to arrange a pick up within 1 hour of being contacted their child is not feeling well.
- All activities and games will be individual based or adjusted for safe interactions following social distancing rules.
- Staff will monitor health by doing visual health checks of children and staff throughout the day.
- We have adjusted our Day Camp program activities to adhere to state and local guidelines
- No travel off sites
- No swimming (at this time we are waiting for further guidance from the proper authorities)
- We will not be bringing in vendors from outside our organization to the campuses
- We have moved all camp locations to YMCA properties to ensure full control of sanitation and health and safety in the environment.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule to wipe down surfaces throughout the day and at minimum, all surfaces will be cleaned
- Before program
- Between activities
- Before lunch
- After lunch
- Before pick up
- After pick up
- We will be cutting down paper as much as possible during check in/out procedures and throughout the day
- We will minimize shared equipment as much as possible. When sharing is necessary, equipment will be cleaned between each use
- Balls and outdoor equipment will be assigned to a child and sanitized after use
- No outdoor shared activities will be allowed until local and federal guidelines expand to allow this
- No ball catch
- No basketball (individuals shooting hoops ok)
- No playgrounds (this will be reevaluated as local and state rules change)
- Games and activities will be adjusted for non-touch
- Backpacks will be kept with separation from other children’s items
- We ask that campers to come to camp with no more than what they need for the day.
- We will be serving single serve packaged lunch and snack at all locations to help limit the number of items you need to bring to camp
- Bathrooms will be wiped down after each use
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at all time
- Gloves to be worn during cleaning and meal time and any time transmission is higher than normal
Camp Scout - Ages 6-8
Camp Ranger - Ages 9-12
Fee: $252 per week**
Design/ Building STEM
Video Game Design
|Dance & Co.
The Art of
Fee: $285 per week**
**Sibling discounts cannot be offered this summer. Lunch and snacks are included in this pricing.
Encourage Creative Exploration
When summer ends, Y campers leave with proud accomplishments, budding friendships and a strong sense of belonging. What are you waiting for? Give the youth in your life their best summer ever.
2020 Camp Locations
Central YMCA | San Jose
El Camino YMCA | Mt. View
East Valley YMCA | San Jose
South Valley YMCA | San Jose
Southwest YMCA | Saratoga
East Palo Alto YMCA | E.Palo Alto
Northwest YMCA | Cupertino